About Me

    Hi readers! Welcome to my blog where we discuss current topics in the business world. My name is Grant Geyerhahn, and this week I will be giving my thoughts on two stories in the news this week. I am currently a student at Santa Monica College studying accounting, but I am originally from Boston. I grew up on the east coast of the United States. I started my life as a full time dancer, and I even started my college career with dance in mind. Once I started schools, I drifted paths into other subjects that I found really striking. The business world was something I had not really dived into much in high school, but it took my full attention after my freshman year. I completely changed the trajectory of my focus from dance to business.
    I chose to move from my hometown to the big city of Los Angeles with hope to push myself out of my comfort zone and start a new life. Out of high school, I went to Connecticut College. My time there was short and sweet, but I tried so many different subjects to learn more about what I wanted to do with my life. I took micro economics in my freshman year, which was my first taste of business education. I was really drawn to it, but the school did not really have a strong focus on business education. For many reasons, I decided to transfer schools to the west coast. Moving here was one of the hardest decisions I had to make, but I am so happy I pushed myself to try living in an unfamiliar place.
    I started a small business on Etsy when I moved out here to make extra cash and to also have hands on experience with business operations and responsibilities. I transferred to Santa Monica College where I would take classes to get an associates degree in accounting. Here I learned so much more about business, and I loved it so much I decided to make it my bachelors major upon transferring to a four year school. At this point in my life, I am still learning more and more about business every day. I plan on analyzing articles and news to gain more perspective on different subjects. Here, I will dive into some current topics where I will analyze and give personal feedback on them.

Comments